Wednesday, October 20, 2010

EW. How can you be religious? Really, I just don't grasp it.


It's simple. I believe in God, I believe He sent His son to die for my mistakes, failures, and shortcomings. I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ because I've experienced its life-changing power first hand. At the same time, I can see why you have a hard time with it. There's a lot of ugly things that "religion" has done to our world, a lot of things I'd never stand for. Religion can be just as ugly as the world we inhabit. I simply and completely believe humans are in need of redemption because of their obvious inability to be completely and thoroughly good. I believe in God and I believe that because we exist that He loves us enough to save us from ourselves.

I understand this may not be the best explanation, but it's incredibly hard to sum it up over the internet. So I apologize for that.

At the same time, I'd love to get to know what you believe.
It's not all about what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment